20 January 2008

The Day Has Come

FINALLY: my last day in the mitt.
I have been home in L-town for no less than 35, yes 35, days. The length of this holiday break is, in my opinion, a bit ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love to be home. I love Detroit, I love my people here, and I love almost everything about my life in Michigan. But, in a way, I have just moved on from my life here. I don't think I necessarily call Missouri home yet, but it is definitely growing on me. I've established relationships and roots that I think (I hope) will last for my life.
In saying all that, I know that Michigan will always be home. Missouri, and wherever else my life takes me, will also be home, in due time. I am SO ready to be back in Columbia, start school again, and reunite with my friends and "family" there. Maybe Mizzou makes this break so long on purpose so that we students are all hyped to be doing schoolwork again. We're all so bored and all, "Yeah, studying! Let's do it." But first, we have ANOTHER holiday off school tomorrow. So, here's to no school, ever. And here's to the one man who changed history forever.

1 questions/comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear Hear to good ol' Dr. King